enjoy your Amberware microwave cookware! These tips are provided to
help keep your cookware cooking properly and last a long, long time!
Please feel free to this page for your
- Amberware is for microwave use
only! Do not use on range top on in a conventional oven.
- Remove label prior to cooking or
washing. Use vegetable oil to remove any remaining adhesive.
- Cooking times will vary with
different microwave ovens. Follow the instructions with your microwave,
microwave cookbooks, or microwave instructions on the food container.
- Do not boil foods high in sugar or
fat content or deterioration of cookware may occur. Small white speckles
may appear and are permanent, but have no effect on the food or future use
of the cookware.
- Do not cook foods with no water
content or cookware may melt.
- Always cook with some water and use
lids to retain moisture when cooking or baking.
- Do not use a microwave browning
feature or element.
- Use care when removing the lids to
prevent burns from steam
- Scouring pads or abrasive soaps
WILL scratch Amberware.
- Use top rack only in dishwasher.
- Always pierce membranes such as egg
yolks, sausage, and potato skins to avoid exploding.
- Microwave ovens without turntables
have hot spots. Always partially rotate cookware every 20-40 seconds to
- Rotate food inside the cookware
from outside to inside or stir to insure even cooking except when baking.
- To avoid over-cooking use the
shortest recommended cooking time, check for doneness, and cook longer if
necessary. Over-cooking causes dehydration and hardness of food.